We've Moved!

We've Moved!
Click here to head to riddickandreynolds.wordpress.com!

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Not-Quite-As-Late-This-Week BlogPoll: Week 5


Notes on this week's entry:
  • I've downgraded Florida two slots in the wake of Tebow's injury. I don't think he'll miss the LSU game, but at the same time I don't think he'll bee 100%. Without Tebow at his best, Florida is merely "great" and susceptible to an upset.
  • Alabama has been flat-out crushing folks, hence their top slot. Texas has been cruising as well, but I think 'Bama's got a better defense.
  • My big movers this week upward were Iowa (14 spots) and Oregon (10+). Iowa's Sagarin ranking is fantastic (5th) and they've beaten some solid competition thus far. Oregon's demise following the Boise St. game was premature...they've looked like the team folks have thought they'd be heading into that season opener.
  • Not to say, "I told you so," but I've had to downgrade Miami and Ole Miss mush less than your average voter because I refused to buy into all the hype about "Tha U" nor give Ole Miss a top-5 ranking simply because they were gifted a high preseason mark and everyone ahead of them lost.
  • South Carolina is getting some love from me even though not many of the AP voters did. They've beaten two solid teams (State and Ole Miss) and feature one of the nation's top defensive talents in Eric Norwood.
  • Finally, some homerism, I guess...State at #25. Hey, what can I say? After all, we're sporting a Heisman candidate at QB. Right Heather?

RankTeamDelta
1 Alabama 2
2 Texas
3 Florida 2
4 Boise State 3
5 Virginia Tech 5
6 Southern Cal 5
7 Ohio State 1
8 Iowa 14
9 LSU 4
10 Cincinnati 5
11 Penn State 7
12 Houston 7
13 Oklahoma State 1
14 Mississippi 5
15 Oregon
16 Miami (Florida) 3
17 Georgia 1
18 Brigham Young 2
19 California 11
20 Kansas 3
21 Nebraska
22 Georgia Tech 3
23 South Carolina
24 Auburn
25 North Carolina State
Last week's ballot

Dropped Out: Oklahoma (#12), TCU (#17), Utah (#20), North Carolina (#24).

No comments:

Post a Comment