- Russell Wilson (half a scrimmage; not injury-related): 9-of-11, 78 yards
- Mike Glennon: 16-of-19, 143 yards, 1 touchdown
- Toney Baker: 8 carries, 19 yards
- James Washington: 8 carries, 15 yards
- Toney Baker: 6 catches, 68 yards
- Jay Smith: 4 catches, 37 yards
- Josh Czajkowski: 3 FGs made (52, 43, 23)
- Audie Cole: 8 tackles, 1 sack for 9 yards
- Nate Irving: 5 tackles, 2.5 tackles for loss
Comments from O'Brien
So it sounds like the offensive line has a ways to go. The rushing stats seem to bear that out; only 34 yards between two ball carriers on 16 carries. No doubt the offensive line will continue to get a good deal of attention leading up to the Spring Game and beyond.
On the overall play
“I think we made progress from the first one. Up front we have a long way to go. The defensive line is a little ahead of the offensive guys right now.”
On the focus for the next week
“We still have to keep working on the offensive line. We've got to get them a lot better. Certainly we are still concerned with the secondary and the safety position. Everybody still has to get better, but those are the areas we have to shore up most right now.”
The quarterback play continues to impress. Russell Wilson continued his accurate passing ways before jetting to join the Pack baseball team for a double-header against Duke. Mike Glennon put up some equally impressive stats (84.2 percent completion percentage and a touchdown). Glennon certainly isn't sitting back and ceding the position to Wilson; the QB battle should continue to be a good one.
Finally, how about Josh Czajkowski? Knocking home a 52-yarder, along with a 43 and a 23 chippy. It's been a while since State has had a serious placekicking threat beyond 45 yards. Hopefully Josh has added some yardage to his kicking leg in '09.
This was the final scrimmage before next Saturday's Kay Yow Spring Game.