- Julius Mays played extremely well as a starter at the point. Seven assists and 0 turnovers, and nine points in 24 minutes. Hopefully he can build on this performance.
- Trevor "Turd" Ferguson continues to shoot well from the perimeter, as well as bring energy and hustle to the Pack lineup. I see us needed to lean on his offense greatly over the course of the year, particularly if Fells continues to be hobbled.
- State continues to shoot the ball well. They posted a 56.7% eFG percentage against Lipscomb and are averaging 52% eFG for the year.
- The Pack protected the basketball much more this game than last. They only had nine turnovers, three below their season average, and finished the game with a 2.2 A/TO ratio (largely on the strength of Mays' performance).
- The team short HORRIBLY from the free throw line: just 10 makes on 22 attempts. State has shot very well at the stripe overall this year, so hopefully this is just a one-game aberration that we never see again.
The #goacc Moment of the Week (9/22/2014)
4 hours ago