Operation Legal Vandalism from Daily Tar Heel on Vimeo
Well played, Heels...Well played. Damn shame we have an area of free expression and you don't. It's a little too easy, honestly.
The obvious response would be a painting of the Old Well, which occurred last year, but the Heels stepped up and organized a protection squad/rally to keep it from getting painted again this year (taken from the monkey boards):
Found this on IC:
"Last year, NC State students defiled our iconic Old Well by splattering it with that wretched red color. This year, that won't happen again.
Carolina Fever is sponsoring the 1st Annual Old Well Watch the night before the UNC vs. NC State football game and is OPEN TO ALL STUDENTS.
PLEASE INVITE ALL YOUR FRIENDS!!
Here is the schedule of events:
9:30pm-10:00pm: Doors Open
10:00pm-12:00am: UNC Basketball vs. UCSB
• Pizza served at halftime, provided by Butch Davis
• Live look-in by ESPNU, WRAL, ABC 11, and possibly Raycom Sports (still working on this)
12:00am-12:30am: Past UNC football speaker
12:30am-1:30am: Performances (Tentatively)
• Clef Hangers, Loreleis, Achordants, Cadence, Walk-Ons, Psalm 100, etc
1:30am-3:30am: Late night movie, “Space Jam”
3:30am-4:00am: Light breakfast
• Pastries, muffins, bagels, etc. provided by Carolina Dining Services and Panera Bread
--> Students will go in one hour shifts to the Old Well beginning at midnight
• Hot chocolate, hot cider, and coffee provided
• Games: board games, trivia, capture the flag, flag football
• Carolina Blue and White glow sticks given out
• Water balloons to "guard" the well
I did have to chuckle, though, at their movie choice during the night to keep folks entertained: Space Jam.
Really? Space Jam? I mean, I know it features M.J. and all, but you do realize it's Space Jam that you'll be watching, right?
Hell, nerd it up a little and watch all three extended versions of the LOTR trilogy or something to take you through the night. Maybe mix in some Empire Strikes Back for some old school viewing enjoyment. But Space Jam? Damn.
And good luck playing flag football in 20-degree weather. What's losing a couple of fingers or toes to frostbite when you're playing flag football whilst protecting the Well?
To the current State students out there: The gauntlet has once again been thrown down. Step your game up.